Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Happy 10! Project: Be My Valentine

January was very long and stagnant...physically, we were immobilized by all the crazy weather, and emotionally, I had to deal with the 2 year anniversary of my mom's passing.  It was a really hard month and I guess every January will always be difficult...well, I'm glad it's now February and hopefully I can get going with the rest of the year!

For this photoshoot, it was all about love and happiness!  I had the idea of doing a kissing booth theme for a while now and thought what better time than valentine's day!  I will put together a separate post soon with all the behind the scene prep work that went into it, but it was pretty easy and I think totally worth a little extra effort.  Unfortunately, one of my babies just didn't feel up to sitting behind this "suspicious looking wooden box" for the pictures, so with him I had to improvise and do a session that was more in his comfort zone.

My favorite photo of the session however, came at the end of the shoot when I least expected it--I was lying on the ground taking a rest when both dogs decided to come and join me and they were in a perfect side by side position and ended up falling asleep that way--it was beyond cute and sweet and I'm glad my camera was within my reach to have captured it without ruining the moment!  Just goes to show those natural shots are always the best!

"open for business!"

you'll always have my heart!

together forever!

Well, I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend sharing love with those special people (and animals) in your life!  Valentine's day shouldn't be about extravagent gifts and dining out at fancy restaurants, but rather about appreciating the special gift of love that we were given.  Okay, that's enough sappy talk for one day...I leave you with my favorite picture:

happy valentine's day!


No comments:

Post a Comment