Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Happy 10! Project: Misty Turns 10!

Oh boy, March is turning out to be one crazy month, with one photoshoot after another!  Having just completed St. Patrick's Day session only few days ago, I had to shift gears quickly and prepare for the big celebration--MISTY'S BIRTHDAY!!!  In all the 10 years, we've never had a birthday party for either one of our dogs, so I felt a bit clueless about how to pull it off. It also took some extra time and effort in preparation since it involved baking a cake (will try to post recipe later), but I really wanted it to be a special day and nothing is too much for my girl!  Photoshoot itself was also a bit of a challenge--how to manage two very excited dogs with all the goodies and treats within their reach?  They actually behaved wonderfully, and I was able to capture a few shots before letting them all loose! Overall, I'm not terribly happy with how the photos turned out and I blame it all on my inexperience.  Looking through the photos afterward, I can see what mistakes I've made in lighting, camera settings and in composition, and I think I can do better next time...I'll have another chance in November for Jasper's Birthday.  However, the main focus for today was celebrating Misty's milestone and appreciating her 10 years with us.  She has truly been a gift to us and I'm so thankful for her! Now for the pictures...warning, there's quite a few!

table setting complete with cake, treats, and gifts
the guest of honor!
it's a pawty!!
despite fire hazard, we lit the candles for a brief moment
Misty's very own first cake ever--she didn't quite know how to attack it and kept licking the frosting only. I had to cut it into small bite size for her...so spoiled!!
Jasper devoured his slice no problem
bug-eyed with excitement!
ripping off the wrapping paper is the favorite part!

No comments:

Post a Comment