Monday, June 23, 2014

Happy 10! Project: Bubbles!

After taking a bit of a break, we finally resumed our photo project last week. We're more than half way done with June already...can't believe half a year has gone by! Well, it's definitely summer outside now, and blowing bubbles was one of my favorite childhood summer activities, and therefore our chosen theme for this photoshoot--it's playful, happy and magical.

Although I've always loved looking at photos of bubbles, I have never tried taking one myself, so I had no idea how this photoshoot will turn out, much less how my dogs might react to this "foreign floating substance". For the session, I bought a little battery operated bubble blower for about $10 which also came with a small bottle of solution. Turned on, the motor was somewhat noisy, but not obnoxious, and while it did produce a ton of bubbles, it went through the solution pretty quickly. My dogs were definitely more cautious than curious and would not sit for too long of a stretch at a time, so I had a very small window of opportunity to work with, making this probably the quickest photo session I've ever done! At the end though, I did manage to capture a few interesting and adorable shots, so I'm more than happy with the results. Here they are:

raining bubbles!
I love all the colors captured in the bubbles!
a little bit curious...
"can I eat it?"
bubble bokeh
not impressed...
Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment