Thursday, September 10, 2015

9.10.2015: trying my hand at instagram

Still playing catch-up, but making good headway...I'm now caught up to June. Yay! So, in my last post, I briefly hinted at toying with the idea of branching out into other social media platforms. Well, since then, I have started an Instagram account. Actually, it's an old account which I never did much with, so I'm sort of reviving it.

Since Instagram's first inception back in 2010, I've always loved the app, but never quite figured out how to incorporate it into my photography needs. I already had a Flickr account since 2009, so to me it almost seemed redundant. Besides, Instagram seemed too "informal" and more fitting for those casual snapshots taken with your low resolution camera phone...back then, I owned the iPhone 3G. I balked at the idea of uploading photos taken with my DSLR camera, and cropping them to fit a square format when that wasn't the original intent.

Well, fast forward 5 years and here we are today...camera phones have steadily improved and can now match the quality and resolution of a stand alone camera...I now own (and love!) the LG G4, and Instagram has recently lifted their square-only format rule! For these reasons, I have decided that perhaps it's a good time for me to hop on the Instagram bandwagon...or at least give it a try. If nothing else, it'll be a good outlet for my "phonetography", and it'll also serve as a place for me to post all my old photos. I think it'll be fun...for those interested, you can follow me @yookyland. Here are some of the photos I've posted so far:

cold morning walk on the beach

cozy...

"whatcha doin'?"

the art of relaxation

last bit of summer...

pondering...

Jasper's paw

what was once Misty's favorite toy...

why we love summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment